EIR candidates will explore a technology based business idea to
- Bring more clarity on its potential for commercialization.
- Develop business plan for development and commercialization of the idea.
- Validate industry, market, technical and financial feasibility using appropriate methods.
- Find potential team members and funding sources.
- Get incubated at Incubation centre IIT Patna for product development and commercialization support, subject to its policies.
NIDHI-EIR support recipient should not treat this support as a stop gap arrangement to support them in their academic pursuits or transition between jobs.
- The EIR applicant should be citizen of India.
- Applicant should have completed 4 years of formal full time undergraduate/post graduate education (across one or more degree programs) with graduation /diploma in science or engineering. Applicants holding 3 years degree /diploma in science or engineering with 2 year full time work experience after completion of degree or diploma are also eligible.
- Applicant shall be willing to pursue the business idea under NIDHI EIR full time. It cannot be concurrent with any other remuneration or fellowship.
- The applicant shall propose one technology business idea in a prescribed format and should have a formal business plan for the idea they intend to pursue.
- Applicant seeking the support should demonstrate the ability to build a scalable technology business startup and make a business presentation including the investment proposal.
- The applicant should be willing to be registered for the pre-incubation or incubation program at the Incubation Centre IIT Patna for the entire duration of NIDHI-EIR support.
Electronics Systems, Healthcare Devices, Energy and water management, agritech, edutech, robotics, IOT and automation, Robotics and mechatronics, speech/text/image analytics and other emerging sectors.